1. Basic Instructor Training (BIT): 6 hours
2. Basic Pistol/PPITH: 25 hours
Total minimum classroom time for this program will be 31 hours. These 31 hours do not include the time needed to complete Pre-Program Requirements. The training will be conducted over a three (3) day period over a single weekend. The hours will be long.
1. Complete and Submit a Pre-Course Questionaire.
2. Successfully Demonstrate Safe Gun Handling.
3. Successfully Demonstrate Acceptable Shooting Skills.
4. Successfully Demonstrate Acceptable Firearm Safety.
5. Be able to legally possess firearms.
1. Meet Pre-Program Requirements and Be Officially Admitted Into the Program.
- Be at least 18 years of age to be certified as an Asst. Instructor.
- Be at least 13 years of age but be less than 17 years of age to be certified as an Apprentice Instructor.
(No candidates under 17 will be admitted unless a parent is also admitted and is also taking the course.)
- Assistant: 85 percent or higher
- Apprentice: 85 percent or higher
- For Admitted Candidates who wish to pay in full in advance, the total tuition price will be $600 USD.
Use this link to pay tuition in full ($600): http://tinyurl.com/NRAInstructorFull
Use this link to pay tuition deposit of $375:
- An Unloaded Firearm with OWB Holster
- Snap Caps/Inert Training Rounds for your Firearm
- Three Inch 3-Ring Binder
- A Highlighter
- A Notepad
- A Positive Attitude and a Ton of Stamina
Rick Ector (NRA ID 150406926) has the following NRA credentials:
- Appointed Training Counselor
- Appointed Chief Range Safety Officer
- Certified Instructor
* Home Firearm Safety
* Metallic Cartridge Reloading
* Shotgun Shell Reloading
* PPITH (CPL)
The default training location will be at the following venue: 19111 W. 10 Mile Road, Room 224, Southfield, MI. If the class size is significantly higher than the program minimum of four candidates, the Training Counselor (me) may elect to move the venue to another nearby location. A venue change does not entitle participants to a refund.
- Friday, March 6th, 2015: 5pm thru 11pm
- Saturday, March 7th, 2015: 7am thru 8pm
- Sunday, March 8th, 2015: 7am thru 8pm
Financing Option: Use PayPal Credit!
About The Author
Rick Ector is a National Rifle Association credentialed Firearms Trainer, who provides Michigan CCW Class training in Detroit for students at his firearms school - Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit.
Ector is a recognized expert in firearm safety and has been featured extensively in the national and local media: Associated Press, UPI, NRAnews, Guns Digest, Tactical-Life, The Truth About Guns, The Politics Daily, Fox News Detroit, The Detroit News, The Detroit Examiner, WJLB, WGPR, and the UrbanShooterPodcast.
For more info about free shooting lessons for women and Michigan CCW Classes, please contact:
Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit
If this information was useful for you, would you please make a small recurring donation to support this site?