So, I called the Public Information Office of the Detroit Police Department and got the final figure for carjackings in 2013 for Detroit - 703. In other words, almost 2 people are forcibly removed by force from their vehicles every day in this town. Yes, it seems high but figures don't lie. They are what they are.
As a consequence of learning the carjacking stat, I sent out an infographic via my Instagram page to give my best 7 tips to avoid or lessen the odds of being carjacked. They are listed as the following:
1. Always be aware, especially at convenience stores, parking lots, and gas stations.
2. Always leave yourself a way out of your current location.
3. Always keep your vehicle's doors locked upon entry.
4. Always keep your vehicle's windows rolled up.
5. Don't "Stand" in a non-running vehicle.
6. Don't waste time entering and exiting a car your vehicle.
7. Legally carry an accessible and loaded pistol with a Concealed Pistol License.
Comment and let me know if you have some carjacking prevention tips not listed!
For more Personal Protection Tips and info on responsible firearm ownership, please visit our blog - Legally Armed In Detroit - on the Internet at the following address: http://www.legallyarmedindetroit.com
Ector is a recognized expert in firearm safety and has been featured extensively in the national and local media: Associated Press, UPI, NRAnews, Guns Digest, Tactical-Life, The Truth About Guns, The Politics Daily, Fox News Detroit, The Detroit News, The Detroit Examiner, WJLB, WGPR, and the UrbanShooterPodcast.
For more info about free shooting lessons for women and Michigan CCW Classes, please contact:
Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit
If this information was useful for you, would you please make a small recurring donation to support this site?