This weekend is the last weekend before the Christmas holiday. As such, there will be an inordinate amount of violent crimes being done this weekend to unsuspecting shoppers. Be on your guard! Be safe!
1. Avoid being out after dark.
2. Take somebody with you.
3. Don't flash cash.
4. Don't over-burden yourself with packages.
5. Stay out of gas stations and parking lots.
7. Keep your head on a swivel.
8. Watch for vehicles following you.
9. Know where police stations are located.
10. Keep your phone charged.
11. Use valet parking.
12. Guard your personal space.
13. Wave off approaches.
14. Carry your gun.
15. Leave fancy clothes at home
About The Author
Rick Ector is a National Rifle Association credentialed Firearms Trainer, who provides Michigan CCW Class training in Detroit for students at his firearms school - Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit.
Ector is a recognized expert in firearm safety and has been featured extensively in the national and local media: Associated Press, UPI, NRAnews, Guns Digest, Tactical-Life, The Truth About Guns, The Politics Daily, Fox News Detroit, The Detroit News, The Detroit Examiner, WJLB, WGPR, and the UrbanShooterPodcast.
For more info about free shooting lessons for women and Michigan CCW Classes, please contact:
Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit
If this information was useful for you, would you please make a small recurring donation to support this site?