Today, I had some fun on my personal Facebook page. I decided to make a series of interesting moments that I personally have found to be awkward moments as a gun owner, a Concealed Pistol License holder, and a Firearms Instructor. I received a lot of positive feedback on the social media site. Check out my observations and share moments of your own in the comments.
- On the firing line when everybody says, "Damn, what caliber is he shooting?"
- A first-time shooter experiences the decibel level of gun-fire.
- A Firearms Instructor is asked his occupation by an anti-gun advocate.
- The person you are dating first learns you have been carrying a firearm on your dates together.
- You make it half-way to your destination and then realize that you left your firearm at home and are about to turn around and go get it.
- You hug a friend and she feels your firearm.
- Trying to figure out where to put your firearm when using a public restroom.
- The County Executive comes by and has a hissy-fit when you are legally buying firearms in the parking lot next to his LEFT event.
- One of your favorite entertainers says something stupid about guns. #Off-The-Bandwagon
- You see a locally posted, but void and unenforceable, sign attempting to ban firearms on public property.
- You tell your students not to buy High-Points and at least person present owns one.
- You are in your car - about to go into a post office - and need to discreetly disarm without "tipping off" people nearby that you are about to leave a gun in the car.
- Gang Squad wants to inspect the bulge in your pants.
- A guy at the range with his laser outfitted pistol shoots the down-range ceiling. smh
- A dude in the next stall shoots your target.
- On a traffic stop when DPD takes all of your cartridges out your magazine and don't put them back in before they speed off down the street.
- You are buying a coffee and you start pulling out spare change from your pocket and there is at least one live cartridge in your hand.
- A hot cartridge casing flies up and comes down into a lady's shirt and you are hoping that she remembers to put the gun down before dislodging the casing.
- You actually see a dude shooting a pistol "Gangsta' Style." #sideways
- The cashier informs you that only their ammo can be shot on their range.
- You put your recently fired pistol back into an IWB holster too quickly. #brand
Do you have any "That Moment When" situations involving firearms? If so, please share them in a comment below!
About The Author
Rick Ector is a National Rifle Association credentialed Firearms Trainer, who provides Michigan CCW Class training in Detroit for students at his firearms school - Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit.
Ector is a recognized expert in firearm safety and has been featured extensively in the national and local media: Associated Press, UPI, NRAnews, Guns Digest, Tactical-Life, The Truth About Guns, The Politics Daily, Fox News Detroit, The Detroit News, The Detroit Examiner, WJLB, WGPR, and the UrbanShooterPodcast.
For more info about free shooting lessons for women and Michigan CCW Classes, please contact:
Rick's Firearm Academy of Detroit
If this information was useful for you, would you please make a small recurring donation to support this site?